As you can tell I haven't posted much in Aug... so I thought I would share a little bit about how come. In July I was sustained as the Secretary in the newly called RS Presidency in my new ward. Yup, did you catch that... I'm the newby and I'm in charge of taking roll. You gotta love it! I hate to think of how many times I've asked the same people what their name is again... but I can honestly say I now have a pretty good grasp of about 90% of the womens name in the ward. Now who they're married to is a different story... hopefully that will come with more time. This is a picture of the business card I created for our new presidency. The president (I won't name names... but you can look and see) is a bit camera shy, so hopefully down the road a bit I can post a photo of the four of us. I have so enjoyed the past 7 weeks of getting to know the ladies in the presidency, visiting the active and the not so active, learning a ton of names and getting to put them with faces, canvasing the ward with fliers, our enrichment night progressive dinner, creating reports, typing up Sunday bulletins and of course calling people I hardly know to give prayers. Except for the prayer part... I hope my calling never ends. Did I mention I knew this was going to be my calling??
"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Busy
As you can tell I haven't posted much in Aug... so I thought I would share a little bit about how come. In July I was sustained as the Secretary in the newly called RS Presidency in my new ward. Yup, did you catch that... I'm the newby and I'm in charge of taking roll. You gotta love it! I hate to think of how many times I've asked the same people what their name is again... but I can honestly say I now have a pretty good grasp of about 90% of the womens name in the ward. Now who they're married to is a different story... hopefully that will come with more time. This is a picture of the business card I created for our new presidency. The president (I won't name names... but you can look and see) is a bit camera shy, so hopefully down the road a bit I can post a photo of the four of us. I have so enjoyed the past 7 weeks of getting to know the ladies in the presidency, visiting the active and the not so active, learning a ton of names and getting to put them with faces, canvasing the ward with fliers, our enrichment night progressive dinner, creating reports, typing up Sunday bulletins and of course calling people I hardly know to give prayers. Except for the prayer part... I hope my calling never ends. Did I mention I knew this was going to be my calling??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 words 4 U... I Love You!
Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!
Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.
Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.
from a distance...
I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.
My kinda day... "if only"
2 comments:
Hey congrats on your calling!!! Sounds great! And I laughed when you mentioned that you were the newby and had to take roll! But what better way to LEARN everyone's names! We've been in our new ward since May and I still don't know anyone! In fact, they don't know me either. The first 3 weeks of Relief Society, they made me stand and introduce myself...3 weeks in a row! ha ha ha...but it's all good. One girl (Carrie..I know her name!) told me I should try for 4 weeks in a row! They called me to Primary about 3 weeks ago, so once again...I know ALL the kids!
I'd love to hear the story about how you knew it would be your calling....
Post a Comment