
I just heard the news... Pres Hinckley passed away tonight in his home. I have very mixed emotions. I remember well sitting in a hallway inside the Salt Lake Temple waiting my turn for a sealing assignment very early one morning years ago when around the corner came walking (rather quickly I might add) Gordon B Hinckley. Although it seemed that he had someplace to be he stopped, shook our hands, said hello and told us we had made a good choice in being where we were that morning. He was not the Prophet then, but I still remember the feeling I felt from having been in his presence and having shaken his hand. I will miss our great Prophet, his giant spirit, testimony and quick wit. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will never, ever be the same after today... not that thats a bad thing... just different. I'm sure it was a happy reunion for he and Marjorie! And just think.... he got to shake hands with and hug the Prophet Joseph today too.
1 comment:
When I heard that the prophet had passed away, I felt gladness for him and sadness for us. He will be missed for a very long time.
Post a Comment