"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Its a jungle out there

One calling I have in my ward is to be the basketball coach to the young women. Have you ever tried to teach a fish how to ride a bicycle? Ok, so that might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but I don't believe you could call what happens each Thursday night "basketball"... its more like jungle ball that turns into a free for all. I do have to give them some credit though, they do show up for practice, they really try hard, they love to play and have never failed to make me laugh, so all in all I actually am having a good time. We even won our first game! I was told that being around the youth will keep me young... sweet!...now is there anything to reverse grey hair?

3 comments:

Jerry Grubbs said...

Grey is better than bald I am told. The only other solution I am aware of has something to do with the saying, "Only her hairdresser knows."

stubb said...

Ha ha That's sooooo true.

CharlieJo said...

k, I'm doing this just for fun. you have been tagged! check out my blog to find out more. =o)

3 words 4 U... I Love You!

Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!

Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.

from a distance...

I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.

My kinda day... "if only"

My kinda day... "if only"

a new fav... ymms