"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Road trip!

I suppose many of you might say we have played a lot lately. But sometimes I suppose you just need to play. Our road trip came about mostly because May has a 5th Sunday where we did not have to be in charge. That does not happen often, so we took off Friday morning. We headed towards Bear Lake where we stopped for breakfast. We then enjoyed the sites and photo opportunities on our way to Jackson Hole. Next we traveled over the mountain through Newdale (beautiful farm land) into Rexburg. We saw what was left of the Teton Dam and enjoyed a great pizza and pasta buffet for dinner. Saturday started out at the Rexburg Temple and then off to the Twin Falls Temple, Shoshone Falls and then back to Pocatello for the night. Sunday we traveled through Mink Creek into Arbon (again beautiful farming land) where we went to church with some good people Steph used to live among back in the 80's. After church and some good visits it was time to head home. I wish we would have kept track of all the miles we covered in our three days. As much as my rear end was tired of sitting... I sure did not want our trip to end. Here are a few pics from the trip.

We assume this is Pochahontas... way cool.
Almost into Idaho... notice the brick pillar still says Utah
So many beautiful fields...
Rexburg Idaho Temple
In front of the Twin Falls Temple
Little cave at Rick Springs on the way to Bear Lake
We saw both blue skies and dark ones on our trip
Welcome to Afton Wyoming
Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, Idaho
Steph's new guy friend
Whats left of the Teton Dam... amazing
Wahoo... Jackson Hole (can you see the "w" out the sunroof?)
Kodak moment

No comments:

3 words 4 U... I Love You!

Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!

Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.

from a distance...

I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.

My kinda day... "if only"

My kinda day... "if only"

a new fav... ymms