"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Christmas Gathering


For Christmas this year, we as a RS presidency decided that our gift to the women in our ward would be to get them all together in one place and share the Christmas spirit along with some talents of sisters that maybe some didn't know the others had. It was truly a wonderful morning... we invited YW, the YW leaders, all the Primary and Nursery leaders, all the home bound and less active to join those who regularly come to RS to join us in the chapel during our regular RS block time. The spirit was so strong with the wonderful music, songs, video and talks that were given. I think (if I counted right) we had 99 women there altogether. We were missing some, but know they would have been there if they could. We have already scheduled on the calendar our 2nd annual Christmas Gathering. So looking forward to that!

I was asked to write a poem for the program on the theme of "Give As Jesus Gave". This is it:


Can I ever hope to show Him?
Through my scant and meager ways
That I love my neighbor as myself
His charge that stands unchanged today

Do my actions match my heartfelt prayers?
That I ask on bended knee
Do I love and lift with kindness
Those less fortunate than me

Have I moved to fill an empty seat?
Next to someone lonely or brand new
Have I stopped to lift the heavy heart?
Of one whose name I never knew

Will I be able to convict myself?
That I have lived my life for Christ
That I loved and served and testified
Like the Master, His whole life

Do I seek with open eyes and heart?
The chance to give as Jesus gave
Will I ever learn the Healers Art?
His kind and loving, selfless ways


2 comments:

It's Not Perfect said...

Love you poem Reb- I'd like a copy =] very beautiful. Love you sis.

Anonymous said...

Love your poem! Very cool.

3 words 4 U... I Love You!

Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!

Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.

from a distance...

I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.

My kinda day... "if only"

My kinda day... "if only"

a new fav... ymms