"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're walking, we're walking, we're walking...

...and we're stopping. Ha, ha. If you have ever seen the show "Dave" then you will understand my laughter. Great show btw if you have never seen it. I highly recommend it.

So... last week I decided that my walking 3 miles every other day wasn't going to cut it if I really wanted to lose some weight (which isn't just a want but also a need)... so for the past two weeks I have changed my route and now I walk about 6.5 miles M,W,F,S. I'm out of the house before the crack of dawn and spend part of the time while I walk reciting D&C 4, The Standard of Truth and The Living Christ. Beyond that I have been trying to memorize some new poems while reciting the ones I already know. It's a great time of the day to be out and enjoying the cooler weather along with getting some exercise. I love that everyone out walking or jogging is so friendly and say "good morning". I also love when I see people I know! This week I ran into a good friend who turned around and walked home with me. I'd say it was my lucky day... but I think more it's just the kind of friend he is. Either way... it sure made my day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, 6.5 miles!!! You're amazing! I've been trying to get out and walk for an hour three times a week with the two kiddies and....it's not very consistent!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Reba.....HOLY COW WOMAN!!! I am so proud of you! BUT....You do not need to lose weight!! hahaha...you are a skinny minnie!! I need to get out more - especially since Jake loves his stroller!

3 words 4 U... I Love You!

Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!

Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.

from a distance...

I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.

My kinda day... "if only"

My kinda day... "if only"

a new fav... ymms