"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I do not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Road trip!

We rented this cute cottage in Crescent City, CA for 10 days.
The ocean is directly across the street!
The sunset one night...
wish I could thank the lady walking on the beach

that stirred up the birds!
This shot was taken at the Trees of Mystery...
I enjoyed the redwoods more than I ever imagined.
A view of our ocean across the street... how could you tire of this?
A great kodak shot on our hike down
from the top of the gondola ride!

When I say hike DOWN, I am not kidding.
Investigating the tide pools at low tide.
We spotted this tree driving through the redwoods...
the inside was totally hollow and smooth.
I think five or six others could have joined me inside. Way cool!
Another gorgeous sun going down!
Me walking on the beach! No, it was not warm and yes, my feet were freezing.... but the eight sand dollars we found totally made up for that.
Our treasures! I have hunted for one of these for years and never found one... that is until now!
Fun with the seals at the marina!
We drove into Brookings, OR for this yummy meal... our favorite of the whole trip!
A clear day to see the Battery Point Lighthouse!
The gondola ride we took at the Trees of Mystery!
We put together this puzzle while we relaxed. If you look back at the cottage picture we sat right in the picture window and watched the ocean at the same time. Nothing better.
Thanks for a WONDERFUL trip!

4 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

I'm jealous! Looks like fun AND relaxing - the perfect combo for a vacation.

Hackers said...

Awesome pictures!! Sounds like a great vacation!

Wendy & Jason Steenblik said...

The Redwoods are amazing! Can you belive what a little oasis they are in the middle of people and cities? Thanks for sharing your pics!

CharlieJo said...

I'm catching up on blogs. :) Your pictures are amazing!! looks like a dream. so glad you were able to go and have a good time. love ya.

3 words 4 U... I Love You!

Don't ask me why this clip doesn't fit in the column like it should... but whether it does or not... it doesn't change how much I love this song!

Sometimes that's all that needs to be said - I love you! And I do.

from a distance...

I heard this song for the first time today. The artists name is Taylor Swift. I love the words much more than the video. It would seem for me that love will always be... from a distance.

My kinda day... "if only"

My kinda day... "if only"

a new fav... ymms